Week 1 News Reporting

 

    Hello my name is Carsyn Meyers and this my first year at LBCC. I'm currently pursuing journalism as my major. I enrolled in this course to learn the basics of reporting the news. What I'm most interested in learning would be how to properly conduct an interview and the best ways to make use of the information you have. Outside of college I'm most passionate about basketball as I'm currently the assistant coach for the LBCC Women's Basketball team. I hope that one day I can become a division 1 basketball coach. I'm also a huge baseball fan specifically a fan of the Boston Red Sox. I've been to 27 out of 30 MLB stadiums and hope to make it all 30 by the end of summer 2022! 

During this term I have three main goals that I hope I can achieve in order to improve my journalism skills. First and foremost I hope that through trial and error I can take huge leaps in not only conducting a professional interview, but gaining confidence in what I'm saying along the way. In writing I hope I will become proficient in being able to write like a news reporter. When all is said and done lastly, I hope I can create connections with people in the community. 

My first news story will be about the culinary program here at LBCC. I will be interviewing the students, teachers, and former students who have been in the program and are now out working in the community. I'll ask questions pertaining to how they became interested in the culinary program. What makes the culinary program special. What kind of dishes can people expect to see from the restaurant. How COVID has changed their operation, and what kind of things that would like to tell students who might be interested in getting involved. 

Comments

Popular Posts